What's your favourite TV show / film?


One of my past times is watching movies and reading, both are clearly related. The best movies are those  that interpret books, many of them the creation of great authors. One of my principal rules is to watch the film after Reading the book, this  is because I find it truly thrilling to imagine the characters, their physical aspects and their surroundings.

Their psicologial trates are easier to get to know and in movies these details are very difficult to show as the autor would have them portrayed. For example there are small details but not less important that are not shown in movies, one of these and the first that comes to mind is the color of Harry Potter’s eyes, one of the firts books I read and one of the first films I watched. the boy in the movie has blue eyes and his mother’s are brown. In the book, however, this detail stomts out when the shape and color of his eyes are mentioned relating them to one of the physical aspects he has inherited from his mother and they are really Green! Not blue and definately not brown. I guess this can be forgiven. What cannot be forgiven when relevant information is left out to make it easier to understand the story or they change the way the main carácter is. In this case i could mention “orange clockwork” contrary to what i usually do I saw the film first and I loved it, due to the crazyness of the trama and the main character’s  way of being. Although once I read the book I was a little disapointed by the movie, the story has certain twists that were not shawn or at least not in the best manner. The main carácter is psicologically more affected and intelligent, thus making him more dangerous and cruel. Many scenes are omitted and the book has a different ending.

With respect to this I will tell you about a film I found totally genuine and brilliant and wich marks you as a person. The name of the film is “Slepeers”, i usually like films that for me are quite old, I find that older films tell the story closer to reality. This film was made in 1996, I saw it when I was 14 years old, and I became obsessed with it. I did a lot of research looking for information on internet. I suffered watching this movie, due to the cruedness of it’s trama. It doesn’t omit details and one of my favorite actors “Robert De Niro” stars in it. The film is base don a true story and is portrayed as such. There is no need to read the book to understand how the character’s feel at all times, it doesn’t have a happy ending as one may expect. The character’s take revenge wich could be interpreted as being just but that doesn’t change their future or make it any better, as they have been marked by the awful situations lived during their childhood. Well I wont continue telling it just incase you decide to see it, I hate spoilers…


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

A subject you enjoyed studying this term

A career-related website / an expert on your field